Home About Changzhou Mayor’s Mailbox Government Bulletin Latest News Laws and Regulations Living in Changzhou Investment Guide
Tourism in Changzhou
Font此L M S

  China Dinosaur Park
  China Dinosaur Park is located at the Modern Tourism & Recreation Park in Xinbei district of Changzhou, which was built in 1997 and opened to the public on September 20th, 2000. Also known as"OrientalJurassicPark", China Dinosaur Park covers a total area of over 600 mu, which perfectly combines museum, hi-tech acoustic, optic and electric technology, special video effects and multimedia network, and integrates exhibition, science popularization, entertainment, leisure and participatory performances.
  The main attractions and game facilities include Rain Forest Adventure, China Dinosaur Museum, Megalith Adventure, Crazy Firedrake Drill, Crossing Jurassic, Dino-Valley Hotspring, etc.
  

  Tianmu Lake
  Tianmu Lake Tourist Resort is ranked among the first batch of National AAAA Scenic Spots, which is on the border among Jiangsu, Anhui and Zhejiang provinces. It consists of two strips of water area, lying on either side of Dongling Mountain. The source of Tianmu Lake connects with Tianmu Mountain and flows for 13.5 kilometers. The lake has an average depth of 10 meters and reaches the deepest at 28 meters. The lake water mainly came from rain water and mountain streams, which have been purified by the vegetation of surrounding mountains and filtered by the underwater stones before running into the lake; therefore, Tianmu Lake has maintained the purity and mineral composition of natural spring, the water of which reaches National Class B for surface water and is considered as the best water within Jiangsu province.
  Tianmu Lake is located about 60 to 200 kilometers away from Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuxi and Changzhou, reputed as the “Eco-Home and Dreamy Paradise”, the “Southern Pearl and Green Wonderland.” Surrounded by mountains, Tianmu Lake Resort boasts crystal clear water and pleasant climate, with vegetation coverage of 45% or more, which has become a “back garden” and “natural oxygen bar” of the peripheral cities, suitable for visiting in over 300 days a year.
  Established in 1992, Tianmu Lake Tourist Resort was classified as Provincial Tourist Resort by Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government in 1994, and was listed among the first batch of National AAAA Tourist Resorts. Meanwhile, as one of the first batch of National Water Conservancy Scenic Spots, Tianmu Lake has passed the ISO14001 environment management system certification. Its major scenic spots include: Tianmu Lake Arch, Taigong Mount, Longxing Island, Xiuqiu Island, Number One Pot, etc.
  

  Tianning Temple
  Reputed as “Number One Monastery in Southeast China,” Tianning Temple is located beside the Grand Canal and the Hongmei Park, which is the largest and most well-reserved ancient temple in Changzhou, covering an area of over 130 mu. Tianning Temple was originally built during the period of Emperor Zhengguan and Yonghui (627-655) in Tang Dynasty, and has a history of over 1,300 years. As a key Buddhist temple under the protection of the state, Tianning Temple owns huge and magnificent palaces, and together with Jinshan Temple in Zhenjiang, Gaomin Temple in Yangzhou and Tiantong Temple in Ningbo have long been reputed as “the Four Buddhist Temples in Southeast China.” Tianning Temple was classified as one of the Cultural Relics Protection Units of Jiangsu Province in 1982, and was identified as National Key Buddhist Temple by the Sate Council in 1983.
  

  Tianning Pagoda
  Tianning Pagoda is noted as the “Number One Buddhist Pagoda of China.” Construction began in April 2002, with the official opening inaugurated on Chinese New Year’s Eve (February 17th) 2007.The chief architect of Tianning Pagoda is Lu Bingjie, professor of Shanghai Tongji University. Located right behind the Tianning Temple, the pagoda is built in the architectural style of ancient pagodas in Tang and Song dynasties, with octagonal eaves and magnificent, resplendent appearance. With 13 stories and a height of 153.79 meters, this pagoda is now the tallest among China’s 4,000 pagodas and the tallest steel-structure Buddhist pagoda in the world. The grounds for the Tianning Temple Pagoda occupy a space of 27,000 m2. Complete with 75 tons of gold and brass for the rooftops, additional bronze and jade decorations, and the use of wood imported from Myanmar and Papua New Guinea, the total cost of its construction was some 300 million yuan. It has the largest forest of small pagodas, including about 1,000 white marble engraved small pagodas on the top of circled rails.The top story of the pagoda features a golden spire and a large bronze bell weighing 30,000 kg hanging at 118 meters high.
  The newly built Tianning Pagoda, echoing to the Yungang Buddha in the north, Longmen Buddha in the central plains, Leshan Giant Buddha in the west, Lingshan Giant Buddha in the east and Hong Kong’s Big Buddha in the south, adds new luster to the world of Buddhism.
  

  Yancheng Remains
  Seven kilometers south of Changzhou, the Yancheng Remains is a site of ruins of an ancient town, which occupied a land of 0.6 square kilometer and could be tracked back to the time between the Western Zhou Dynasty and the Spring and Autumn Period in China’s history, almost 3,000 years ago. The Yancheng Remains is the oldest and most well-preserved ancient town in China, and is the only ancient ground city surrounded by three layers of town walls and moats in the world. It not only owns the historical scene with primitive simplicity, but also enjoys charming scenery featured in the south Yangtze River area, just like a quiet and pure place far away from the grossness.  
  

  Taihu Lake Bay Tourist Resort
  The planning control area of Taihu Lake Bay Tourist Resort takes 30 square kilometers, mainly Pided into Yongfeng Water Zone, Longwan Resort, River Culture Zone, Pangu Center, Digital Culture Zone and Urban Development Control Zone. With Xueyan-Mashan Highway in the east, Taihu Lake in the south, Fenshui Town (Yixing) in the west and Wuxi-Yixing Highway in the north, this tourist resort covers a planning protection area of 17 square kilometers and a planning central area of 10 square kilometers.
 

  Global Animation Joy Land
  The Joy Land is the largest theme park of digitization in China and the first theme park of on-line games in the world, which is known as “the Disneyland of Internet Culture.”
  The Joy Land project covers an area of 1,200 mu, with a total investment of 1.6 billion yuan. The park is Pided into 9 areas of spellbinding experience, namely, Gate of Hero, Taobao Street, Mysterious Island, QQ Fantasy, World of Legend, Universe of Starship, Terrain of Magic, CCJoy Harbor and Holy Mountain. In addition, the Expo for global animation and game transactions and the National Center for e-sport will be built in the near future. It will become the unique and largest digitized theme park with brand new experience upon its completion.
  Additionally, there is a living area called St. Wolf Town with a unique cultural characteristic in the Joy Land. It creates an ideal vacation land with Austrian cultural style for all digital enthusiasts and tourists.
  

  Hongmei Park
  Occupying a land of about 500 mu, the Hongmei Park (also called Red Plum Park), a AAAA Scenic Spot, is located in the downtown of Changzhou. It is one of the largest comprehensive parks in Changzhou. Hongmei Park was established in 1958. There is a famous ancient architecture called Hongmei Pavilion and that is why it is named Hongmei. The topography in this park is undulating and it is featured with rivers and lakes, with flowers blooming here and there all year long. In 2005, the Municipal Government decided to extend Hongmei Park. On September 28th, 2006, the new Hongmei Park was opened as a public park, the typical garden in the city center. The park’s main scenic spots include Hongmei Pavilion, Wenbi Pagoda, etc.
 

  20 kilometers south of Tianmu Lake, Nanshan Bamboo Forest Resort has 35,000 mu of bamboo. Developed by Hengjian Town, Liyang in September 2000, the Nanshan Resort has been run by Tianmu Lake Tourist Co., Ltd. since March 2004 and was evaluated as the National AAAA Scenic Spot in July 2006. Surrounded by beautiful mountain and water, the resort has been reputed as “the Paradise of Nanshan, a Dreamy Ocean of Bamboo.” Making full use of the natural recourses, together with the culture of bamboo and longevity, Nanshan Bamboo Forest has become an integrated tourist resort combining five functional areas, namely Jinghu (Peaceful Lake) Entertainment Area, Leisure & Entertainment Area, History & Culture Area, Longevity Cultural Area and Hiking Tour Area.    
  

  Changzhou Museum
  Changzhou Museum was founded in 1958, which is a local integrated museum (including the only provincial Children’s Natural Museum) with the functions of collection, research and exhibition. The museum kept more than 20,000 pieces of historical relics, including 51 pieces of Class-I Relics (1 piece of National Treasure), 103 fossil specimens of Protecting Animals and Plants at National Level I and II. There are many special collections in Changzhou Museum as well, such as the jade of Liangzhu period, original green porcelain of Spring and Autumn period, lacquer and porcelain of Song and Yuan dynasties, painting and calligraphy of Ming and Qing dynasties, etc. The museum acquired the reputation of National AAAA Scenic Spot, the National Science Educational Base and Patriotism Educational Base of Jiangsu Province.
  Changzhou Museum changed the location three times during the past 50 years since it was built. The new museum was completed in December 2006, officially opened to the public on April 28, 2007, which is located in the west side of civic square. The museum covers a construction area of 20,000 square meters with a modern look, well-equipped facilities and advanced functions. Major exhibits include Changzhou Historical and Cultural exhibition, Natural Resources exhibition, Liu Guojun Mahogany Furniture Exhibition and Xie Zhiliu Art Exhibition, etc.
 

  Dongpo Park
  Dongpo Park, built in 1954, was a park constructed on the site of Yizhou Pavilion, and it was originally named as Dongjiao Park and Yizhou Park. Yizhou Pavilion, the treasure of the park, was established in the Southern Song Dynasty by the people of Changzhou to commemorate the boating tour of the literary giant Su Dongpo here, which has a history of more than 800 years. Covering an area of 4.3 hectares, Dongpo Park is a botanical garden unifying a historical site and natural scenery. The whole scenic spot consists of a half island and a lune island which is connected by an ancient bridge of Ming Dynasty. On June 8th, 2006, the park started the extension project. Now, the new Dongpo Park is a public park Pided into two parts, namely the East Area and the West Area. The east area is mainly designed to commemorate and appreciate Su Dongpo, such as Yangsu Pavilion, Dongpo Academy, etc.; while the west area most presents historical remains, such as Yizhou Pavilion, Dragon Pavilion, Ink-Stone Washing Pool, etc.
  

  Comb Lane
  The Comb Lane is located in the western part of downtown Changzhou, which was the place called Piling Station in the ancient times. Piling Station was mentioned in the famous Chinese novel A Dream of Red Mansions. The two protagonists named Jia Zheng and Jia Baoyu met here for the last time in their lives.
  Changzhou was called Piling in Han Dynasty, so here was called Piling Station which was the second largest station at that time. According to the records, Piling Station was equipped with stables, veterinary rooms and other facilities, which used to be an important transport hub and business center.
  After the Grand Canal was excavated in Sui Dynasty, the Comb Lane turned into a crowded area with plentiful beans and rice, numerous merchants and so on. The place became more famous for Emperor Qian Long’s several arrivals during Qing Dynasty. The passing customers usually bought some combs as gifts for their families. During Guangxu period, the officals of Suzhou Fabric Manufacture Bureau had several-day parking here every July in the lunar calendar and ordered combs made of boxwood with ivory or Mei wood with ivory as the tribute for “royal use,” which was therefore reputed as “Royal Combs” and was recorded in the Historical Records. Until now, Changzhou combs of Qing Dynasty are still kept in the Palace Museum.
  

  Qu Qiubai Memorial Hall
  Qu Qiubai Memorial Hall originally was Xiqu’s Ancestral Hall. It was announced as Cultural Relics Protection Unit of Jiangsu Province by Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government on March 25th, 1982. Approved by the Publicity Department of CCPCC, the memorial hall was officially opened to the public on Qu Qiubai’s 50 death anniversary day on June 18th, 1985. The inscribed board on the gatehouse was written by Deng Xiaoping.
  Qu Qiubai (1899-1935) was one of the main leaders of the early Communist Party, great Marxist, outstanding proletarian revolutionist, theorist and publicist. He was one of the China’s revolutionary founders of the literary career as well. He attended the third and sixth CPC National Congress and was elected the member of CPC and Committee of Political Bureau. After the first great revolution failed, he hosted “Ba Qi” congress and then was in charge of CPC affairs. Qu was removed from his position on the congress of January 1931 by Wang Ming’s persecuting. Afterwards, he carried out left-wing cultural movement with Lu Xun in Shanghai in January 1931. In 1934, he became the member of the Central Educational Government in Soviet area and stayed in Soviet area after the Long March. On February 26th, 1935, Qu was arrested by Kuomintang forces in a village of Shuikou Town, Changting District, Fujian province. The same year, he died a heroic death in Luohan Ling, Changting District on June 18th.
  

  Qingfeng Park
  Qingfeng Park is an urban forest park integrating the three themes of “Ecology, Science and Energy.” The park was officially opened on May 17th, 2008, which is presently the largest free-admission park in Changzhou, covering a total area of 45 hectares. Qingfeng Park is also considered as Changzhou’s first forest park, plant science education base and youth outdoor activity base.
 

  Jingchuan Park
  Seated in the west of urban Changzhou, Jingchuan Park is located at the south of Qingtan W. Road and the east of Jingchuan Road. The park takes an area of 14.68 hectares, including water area of 2.7 hectares, the scale of which is second only to Hongmei Park.
 

  Xinbei Central Park
  Xinbei Central Park, located in the central area of Xinbei District, Changzhou, covers an area of 97,342 square meters, including water area of 16,794 square meters and public green space of 70,342 square meters, achieving a greening rate of 77%. With the concept of “landscape image,” the park has more than 20 attractions, such as waterfall, fitness square, roof garden, leisure street and banquet hall, so as to present an atmosphere of romance and the theme of “love.” Forming stylish, modern, entertaining and romantic architectural landscape, this park is also designed as a multi-functional eco-tourism park opening to public, allowing you to experience multi-dimensional fun of tour.
  

  Mao Mount
  Mao Mount as an AAAA Scenic Spot is located in the southwest of downtown Changzhou. The mountain is 10 kilometers long from south to north and 5 kilometers long from east to west. The total area is 50 km2 and the highest peak called Damao Peak is 372.5 meters high. In West Han period (B.C. 153), three brothers named Mao Ying, Mao Gu and Mao Zhong from Shanxi province moved here for practice and used alchemy to save people. They were called the “Three Mao Saints” by the local people. Therefore, a temple was built to commemorate the three Mao brothers and the original Juqu Mount was renamed as Sanmao Mount, later called Mao Mount for short.
  Bearing a long history, Mao Mount is one of the resorts of Taoism in China. It was originated from Qin and Han dynasties, formed in Qi and Liang dynasties, grown up in Sui and Tang dynasties, and booming in Song and Yuan dynasties. The number of Taoism buildings used to be 300 and the rooms used to be more than 5,000. There were thousands of Taoist priests at most. The major attractions and buildings include Mao Mount Taoist Temple, Linggong Palace Hall, Zongshi Palace Hall, Taiyuan Palace Hall, Ersheng Palace Hall, etc.

 

 

 
Sponsored by: General Office and Foreign Affairs Office of Changzhou Municipal People’s Government
All rights reserved.Jiangsu ICP Record No. 05003616
Best viewed in IE 6.0 browser with and above 1024*768 resolution.